It’s that time of year. It’s cold. Dark when you get home from work. If you live north of Virginia you’ve had snow for the last 3 months. You are so cooped up in your house you feel as though you might explode. Fear not my cabin fever friends! I have a round up to the rescue – 50 Things To Do When You Are Bored. A delightful list of easy things you can do while you are willing spring to arrive. The best part? Most of these are free and easy to try at home!
Stay sane friends!
50 Things To Do When You Are Bored
1. Practice calligraphy.
2. Clean the bathroom – I mean really scrub deep down in the corners and in the cabinets.
3. Send a hand written note to someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
4. Update your address book.
5. Sanitize your home desk area, including the phone, keyboard and writing surface.
6. Organize all of the bills, statements and receipts that have piled up in your inbox. Create a file folder where everything has a place.
7. Drop and give me 100 crunches.
8. Brush your dog (or your cat).
9. Move the fridge and vacuum behind it.
10. DIY this easy book wreath! One and done in an afternoon.
11. Deep condition your hair with a bath of olive oil from midpoint to tip.
12. Go for a walk, take Fido if you have one.
13. Fall? Rake your neighbor’s lawn.
14. Winter? Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk or path.
15. Spring or summer? Spend half an hour weeding the flower beds.
16. Order your free credit report (you get one a year).
17. Take a moment and look over your bank account and any credit cards online. Make sure everything looks accurate.
18. Try an at home facial.
19. Give yoga a try – something aimed at stretching and restoring.
20. Text your mom or dad and tell them you love them.
21. Research 10 scholarships and email the links to the high school or college kid you know (maybe a niece/nephew or cousin).
22. Give your average wine glasses a little sparkle with this 10 minute DIY.
23. Update your resume.
24. Ground up some coffee, mix with olive oil and use as an at home leg scrub.
25. Wash the shower curtain, drapes, duvet cover. Anything that rarely gets washed.
26. Sit in a quiet, comfortable place, and set a timer for 10-15 minutes. Try meditation.
27. Clean your makeup brushes.
28. Think of a surprise for your special someone.
29. Research gift ideas whoever’s birthday is next on your calendar.
30. Offer to babysit for an afternoon for your friend, cousin, sibling (etc.).
31. Donate blood.
32. Clean the burners on your stove.
33. Microwave your sponge to disinfect.
34. Clip coupons for this week’s grocery trip.
35. Pick out a week’s worth of outfits for work. iron everything. set aside in your closet ready to go.
36. Paint your toenails.
37. You know that junk drawer? Organize it.
38. Give your man a back rub.
39. Move your bed, dresser, couch, or desk. vacuum and dust under it.
40. Refill your ice cube trays and brita water filter (ours are ALWAYS empty)
41. Change the air filter in your home.
42. Call up your sibling (or cousin if you don’t have a sibling) to catch up. Bonus points for FaceTime.
43. Roll the quarters, dimes and nickles in your change jar & cash in at the bank.
44. Round up all of your digital photos from the past 6-12 months and go about making a photo book (MyPublisher is my favorite!).
45. Whip up a batch of veggie muffins to store in the freezer. Perfect for a quick breakfast on the go!
46. Research a networking/professional development event in your field. write a proposal to submit to your boss to send you there!
47. House hunt online. realtor.com is the best!
48. Wash your car – inside or out.
49. Sit down and read a book. If you don’t have any good books, drive over to your local library.
50. Draw yourself a bath. use your favorite bath salts, bubble bath and candles to set the mood.